Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oh, oh oh...

Haven't been blogging much cause I'm just really tired of political stuff, and there's not much going on with that is interesting to write about.

But real football is just around corner, yeah?
Statement By An NFL Spokesperson:
Johnny Jolly of the Green Bay Packers has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Jolly’s suspension begins immediately and will continue through at least the 2010 season. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement following Super Bowl XLV.

This should make things a little easier for the Bears, though it sucks for Johnny Jolly.

It's always cool to see a kid make it out of his rough surroundings. Unfortunately, it far too often results in a train wreck.
Personally, I hope he can rebound from this and go on to have a solid career and a productive life beyond.
But that's not the way to bet.

6 comments:

tully said...

Real football employs the feet for the majority of the game.

Gino said...

and how was Toy Story?

tully said...

My little cousins have seen it. I have to find someone with free time to join me! If anyone's in the area and wants to sit in a dark theater with a stranger, give me a call!

I did, however, see with my cousins "Despicable Me" which was rather charming, and may warrant a review.

Gino said...

if you've seen it, it's warranted.
whats it about?

Bike Bubba said...

Not that I like futbol much, but football may suck even more for Jolly than we thought--and it's even worse for thousands of others who don't make it big time. Think about it; you come out of a poor area, work your rear end off to get into college, and they proceed to give you Cadillac tastes and a Chevy degree--really more likely a Yugo lack of degree.

That's just plain cruel.

Gino said...

like my buddy greg from Tulsa tells me: you're just a piece of meat to them, and they dont care if you're educated or not.