Monday, October 4, 2010

So, I go to the clinic to pick up Grayson after his denutting, and the girl hands me this 'patient' form to fill out. I fill out my name, address and phone number, hand her back the form along with $40 and she hands the form back, asking me to complete it.

I had left blank the sections asking for my driver's license, email address, employer's name and address and phone number, and Social Security numbers. I told that I wouldn't be providing that info to them, and that I probably gave them too much already. Sorry.

She starts to hesitate, so I jump back in and tell her they can take the cash for services rendered, or not, but the cat was paid for, it's mine, and I'll be taking him home with me now.

They handed over the cat, like I knew they would.

Just a reminder: Too often various forms we are required to fill out for the most mundane things ask for information that they have no right to demand.
Don't give it to them.

4 comments:

Foxfier said...

Amen.

my name is Amanda said...

Good for you. I hate that stuff, too.

Also: YAY! NEW KITTY! :)

kr said...

Yarr. Tha's ridiculous.

On the other hand, mostly, there is so much data people drown in it rather than being able to use it effectively ... so, the TMI system will bring itself down eventually : P.

Brian said...

The kids that work the registers at various stores that often ask for my phone number tend to be dumbfounded when I won't give it to them. As in, they don't know what to do next.

"Just press enter. Then take my money. Then say thank you."