Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Favre To Vikings?

I just heard that Brett Favre may be in talks with the Minnesota Vikings.
He's like the Energizer Bunny, I guess, and wants to just keep going and going.
More power to him.

This is the second consecutive year I've been hearing the commentators speak of the Vikings as a Super Bowl contender in need of a quarterback. Maybe it's true. Maybe not.
They got a tough D line, and a gifted Running Back.
Add Favre wearing purple, and I'd say they have as good a chance as any.
That is, if Favre has another good year left in him, in what may turn out to be a tough division.

The Bears are looking good, and I expected to see noticeable improvement this year with Kyle Orton at QB. Well, to my shock, Orton, the QB with a Bear's heart is out after a trade that brought in Jay Cutler. I haven't seen much of Cutler outside of his stats, and haven't drunk the Cutler Kool-Aid that it seems so many Chi-towners have downed with gusto, but I remain hopeful and positive.
Just show me the W's, and I,too will believe.

The Packers didn't do too well last year after making a great run with Favre the year before. Aaron Rodgers seems highly capable, but time will show what he can this year without the shadow of Favre looming over him.

The Lions will still suck.
With this one exception, the NFC North may turn out to be a very exciting division this year.
And tickets to Packer-Vikings match ups will be a hot commodity as I think everybody will want to see the Favre-Rodgers duel.

3 comments:

Guitarman said...

The reason Favre was bad down the stretch last year was he had a torn something in his throwing arm. Doctors recommended he have surgery if he had any desire to play again. My guess is he didn't have the surgery. He'd sell alot of tickets but I don't think his body can take one more year of beatings in the NFL. The Vikings don't have a proven center now that Matt Birk has jumped seat.

That said, I predict the Vikings will sign up this guy.

kingdavid said...

They may as well sign Trent Dilfer, he won just as many Super Bowls as Favre. Sorry to Ben and Palm Boy; but Favre is the most overrated "superstar" in the history of the NFL, maybe all of sports.

RobertDWood said...

Kd, go home Mr. Viking... :D

The packer's main problem was Defense last year... and that'll be our problem this year too.