Saturday, January 2, 2010

I Guess It's A New Year

Generally, I ignore the whole concept of New Years Day. To me, it's just another day that other people use as an excuse to intentionally do stupid stuff, and I'm a little beyond that stage in life.

No, not the 'stupid stuff'. I'm just beyond the 'doing it intentionally' part. Stupidity just comes along on it's own, and I don't feel the urge to aid it along any more than it need be.
A quiet evening at home works for me.

But one of my peeves from 2009 would have to the lack of decent movie offerings from the creative class. I just don't get it. Everything out there was either stupid, already done, based upon a cartoon character of some sort.
A theatrical wasteland.
So sad.

And I hear there are more remakes on the way for 2010. Red Dawn, being one. Although that might be a remake I'd be interested in, as the original, that I loved at the time, was a cool idea that was not done as well as it could have been.

Anyway, the new year is already looking to be an improvement over the previous. I've seen previews of three or four releases due this month that look to be entertaining, if not good. And entertainment is all I really ask for.

Watch this page in the coming days/weeks. There are a few imports I've found that I got to go and try to find where they are playing at.

I plan on hitting the theater more often this year. So, if there is anything you think you want me to see and comment on, just drop me a line. I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: