Monday, September 14, 2009

Bears-Packers, Week One

I know all you "Grumpy's" are just waiting to hear my side of the story. I hope yer takin notes...

I've been hopeful, but guarded, since the Cutler-for-Orton trade and the windfall of promises that came with. Though I sincerely hoped I was mistaken, it looks like maybe I won't be.

With Cutler's four INT's, it was looking more like the return of Rex Grossman last nite in Green Bay, instead of the second coming of Sid Luckman.
And I saw nothing better than Orton would have delivered.

Yessir, it looks like Bears fans will have to wait to see the 'explosion of Offense' that was all but promised to us with the acquisition of Jay Cutler at QB. I still remain hopeful, but... ya know... I won't be hoisting the purple dixie cup anytime soon.

And then comes the news that the mighty Urlacher is out for the season. Could last night have been any worse?
For sure, I would've expected 'last night' to have happened last year, but not this year. But before you Cheeseheads get all swaggerish, just keep reminded that an ineffective Bears Offense, and a less than stellar Defense was beating you, and was close to sealing the deal, at Lambeau.

Your Packers will have to do better than that when you hit Favre House. It should be a good show, either way.

On a side note:
Former Bear, traded for Cutler, now a Bronco, Kyle Orton threw for a TD when it mattered most, and put the W in the column.
For sure, Orton doesn't bring the level of promises that Cutler does. He also doesn't fall so short of them,either.

3 comments:

Night Writer said...

As I said on Mr.D's: There's something about Cutler's mouth that makes it look as if someone jsut took the pacifier out of it.

RobertDWood said...

That game was pretty pathetic for both sides... good to earn the win though, thank you Greg Jennings.

K-Rod said...

Correction:

Bears-Packers, Weak One