Sunday, July 20, 2014

From Top To Bottom

Going into surgery in a few more hours.
Nothing as serious as it is painful and inconvenient: Something about slicing a foot bone and screwing it back together into a different shape. (the 4th metatarsal on the right foot, I think...)

This should solve a bunyun-ish  problem I keep having... So bad that it's left me all but crippled at times.

I'll be laying around with my foot in the air and booted for a couple weeks, but after that, it's gonna be mostly an easy ride while I heal for two to three months on disability (longer, if I can help it.)

On the positive, they intend to leave my head and neck out of scalpel range for a change. I'm happy about that.

5 comments:

Mr. D said...

Good luck, Gino!

W.B. Picklesworth said...

From the Bunyan state to you, be less gimpy!

Foxfier said...

Oh, dear.... somehow, this didn't hit my inbox.

Hope you're recovered!

Broke my foot last year-- it sucked.

Brian said...

For better or worse, this sounds like small potatoes compared to what you've had done previously. Still...wishing you a speedy recovery!

Gino said...

just now making my way to my computer... three days of throbbing pain for something that really is so minor...
Viva Vicodin!