Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Trip


An early Father's Day had my son accompanying his Dad, who truly is the greatest Dad in the world(just ask him... his Dad, I mean), to someplace he's never gone before: The Arthouse.

The Trip is a film about two British comedians who travel the northern English countryside because one of them has an assignment for a magazine concerning the finest restaurants in the area and, for some reason, is unable to bring his girlfriend along so opts for his friend and rival actor to go with with.

The film consists largely of banter and insults delivered tween bites of fancy dishes with the picturesque countryside as backdrop.

B O R I N G ! ! ! !

We walked out after about 45 minutes.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Since you've posted this, I've heard about this movie from three different (media) sources, and all make it sound like something I'd want to see.

Just curious...do you like other English comedies?

Gino said...

not generally.

directed by michael winterbottom. that should already tell you this is something that others are not likely to create while keeping a straight face. (as in 'are you serious?)

go see it, and tell me what you think.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's got an 89% rating on Rotten Tomatoes (meaning, 89% of reviews were good). From the reviews I've read from regular viewers (not critics), I've read most positive things. However, for those who haven't liked the film, they REALLY dislike it.

Personally, I thought it was hysterical, but I'm a big fan of British humor