Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Hangover Part II

The original Hangover was pretty funny, though the humor got a little too low to tickle my funny bone in a few places.

Sure, not much is different, with the same formula being followed:
A trashed hotel room in a party city, an strange animal, a wedding to go to, a missing person to find, permanent body damage, an Asian gangster, and a cameo by Mike Tyson.

So... you have the same plot and gags, wrapped in the same paper, but with a different bow with all the lowest elements carried forward while the true wit and brilliance from the original was dumped in the gutter, literally.

I barely got a chuckle and half of a giggle the whole time, but the rest of the audience seemed to really love it. To each his own, I guess, but the monkey was pretty cool.

So... I wasn't expecting much from The Hangover Part II that would differentiate from the original in any quantitative sense, and for this reason I was hesitant to waste my time on it.
I should have have followed my instincts.

No comments: