Sunday, February 7, 2010

Top Five Reasons To Cheer The Saints

1. The Saints have never been to the Super Bowl. I think it would be really cool to see a team as beat down and these guys have been finally hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

2. "Saints" is a cool name for a team. At least cooler than being named for a baby horse.

3. Black and Gold as team colors beats Blue and White.

4. The Colts beat the Bears in Super Bowl XLI. And I'm still a little bothered by that.

5. Manning Fatigue. I'm tired of seeing Peyton in every commercial. I'm tired of Colts games being all about Peyton. I want Peyton Manning off my television, and out of my living room. And him receiving the Favre Treatment, a la Saints defense, will be a first step in that direction, making the world a little bit better place.

5 comments:

Brian said...

6. New Orleans-themed food makes a much better Super Bowl party than Indianapolis-themed food.

Gino said...

oh,hell yeah!

Night Writer said...

Hey! I grew up in Indianapolis, and...and...and...

Crap. You're right.

RW said...

New York is the Big Apple. new Orleans is the Big Easy. Indianapolis is the Big Yawn. No I didn't make it up. You could google it!

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Wish I would have read this before the game, not after.

7. Redemption finally comes to New Orleans and we can give Hurricane Katrina a rest.

Admittedly that's just my earnest desire, not an actual prediction.