Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Like George Wallace At The A.M.E.

Aproaching the kitty section, I notice a crowd of folks creating some sort of silly commotion. Within seconds, I notice there is something like 8-10 dogs tethered to fixtures.
A good start, I thought.
But why do dog obedience classes in the kitty area?
Such is not the proper way of the world of Petsmart. Kitty stuff is always on one side of the store, with the hinterlands reserved for those lesser beasts of disdain.

Grabbing my bag of kitty food, I am suddenly approached by some dufus:
"Sir, will you pet my dog?"
Huh?
"It's part of his training to not jump when he's excited"
awright, I muffled.

Summoning my inner St. Francis, I reached out and briefly patted the head of his beast.
"Will you give him a treat"
I just did.
"Here, give him this", as he hands me a dog biscuit.
Then the damn thing licked my hand as I gave it's reward.

Feeling violated, I make a break for the register, only to be accosted yet again by another dufus holding a rope with a dog at the end of it.
And it wasn't over...
One by one, they lined up to greet me: dufus' and dogs... one after another...

I must have petted eight happy, tail wagging dogs before I was able to make my escape.

I feel so dirty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Due to a marital compromise, I and my current feline are forced to share space with a couple of them. Did your kitty snub you when you got home?

Squeaky

Jade said...

Next time tell them you're allergic. They'll fear a lawsuit if they get too close to you. You could be buying cat food for your brother or something.

Gino said...

squeaky: i'm in a similar boat. but i avoid that creature at all costs. me and Maimie have the the top floor all to ourselves. its a no dog zone.

jade:you think the cat hair on my jacket might show me a liar?

OregonGuy said...

I loved your imagery.

DogGuy