Sunday, February 24, 2013

Feeling Chippy

Cheesy Garlic Bread Lays: Not a very Italian-like flavor. Kinda like a cross between parmagian and cheddar, herbs are few and a the garlic should be stronger. I really thought I would like these more. Stick with the Sour Cream And Cheddar variety if you want 'cheesy' because this will let you down.









Sriracha Lays: What took so long? Much like the real flavor profile of Sriracha, and it does distinguish itself along that line from just another chili pepper flavored chip. It's a slow burn at first with a deep sense of lingering around a while. After about the 5th chip, my eyes got watery. Enjoy them with beer.











Chicken And Waffles Lays: Slightly sweet maple flavor envelopes the essence of raw pancake batter... and has no place sitting on a potato chip.
It's wrong.

8 comments:

Brian said...

Old Dutch, ketchup flavor. (Only available in western Canada, as far as I know.) Easily the most highly addictive beer snack I have ever encountered.

VLW said...

Chickens and waffles? WHY!?!? WHAT! NOOOO!!!

Mr. D said...

Sriracha? Yeah, baby!

Chicken and Waffles? Wrong is an understatement.

Ketchup flavored Old Dutch chips? That does sound good. Old Dutch has their headquarters only about four miles from my house, so I'm already a little bitter that they haven't test marketed them here. Give the hometown peeps a little love, for goodness sake!

Brian said...

Lays has a ketchup flavor as well, also only sold north of the border. But Old Dutch is much, much better.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why nobody tries to sell ketchup chips in the US market.

Gino said...

I cannot for the life of me imagine why nobody tries to sell ketchup chips in the US market.

because they are too busy trying to convince the USA that vinegar chips are the way to go?

Gino said...

or chile limon...

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Chicken and waffle? Why not mustard and whipped cream or lemon beef?

As for vinegar chips, I love those.

3john2 said...

I like a tart sea salt/vinegar chip, or some of those jalapeno/cheddar Doritos. Today I scored a bag of chocolate tortilla chips. Dutch cocoa and sea salt, tastes like corn chis but with a dark chocolate flavor a bit like mole. Will go great with my chocolate chili recipe.